Headquarters – Banda Municipal de Santana

At the time of its foundation, the Banda Municipal de Santana took over the house of Alexandre Teixeira de Mendonça, in Sítio do Caminho Chão. In the following decades, between 1932 and 1948, the headquarters of the community was still in the same place, this time, in the building of the City Hall, which unfortunately was destroyed in that last year by a fire.
In view of the impossibility of usufruct of that space, the band continued its daily activity in several private properties: between 1948 and 1950, in the house of the Accioli family, in Sítio do Pico; between 1950 and 1852, in a house given by Mr. Freitas, in Sítio do Barreiro, and after 1952, in a property of Alfredo Teixeira de Mendonça, next to the Parish Church of Santana.
It is known that in 1990, the band took as test space the canteen of the Primary School of Santana, in the Sítio do Serrado, in Santana. From 1993 to 2000, the community of Santana enjoyed a room – which had served as a former prison – on the ground floor of the current Santana Town Hall building in Sítio do Serrado, Santana. On September 11, 2000, the Banda Municipal de Santana was endowed with its own social headquarters, in a building constructed by the City Hall, located at Rua Dr. João de Almada, nº 4, in Santana.

Start typing and press Enter to search