The Banda Municipal de Santa Cruz, former Filarmónica União Fraternal e Recreativa Santacruzense, was founded on December 8, 1887 by João Manuel Álvares Júnior.
The first prize of the Regional Contest of Civil Bands, an event held in Funchal on November 24, 1929, stands out.
In 2010, he made a merger with Estudantina Académica da Madeira, participating in two shows and one recording.
He made his first national exchange in 2011 with Banda Musical de Calvos, from the municipality of Póvoa de Lanhoso, Braga district.
The Banda Municipal de Santa Cruz organizes the celebration of the Restoration of Independence, from the year 1924, to December 1, being the only collective that celebrates this anniversary in Madeira.
Currently the Banda Municipal de Santa Cruz has the artistic director Marco Correia, and consists of 35 performers and 16 apprentices in various instruments.