Banda Municipal do Funchal

Banda Municipal do Funchal

On February 18, 1850, a group of workers led by Manuel de Nóbrega founded the “Filarmónica dos Artistas Funchalenses” to promote musical art and occupation of their free time.

It was in the Amparo Chapel, in the parish of São Martinho, municipality of Funchal that for the first time appeared in public, brightening the camp of Nossa Senhora do Amparo.

In May 1913 he traveled to Tenerife Island (Canary Islands), where for the first time “A Portuguesa” was heard abroad.

Start typing and press Enter to search